We have created this calculator to determine how much CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) we produce from running our homes and businesses. We are improving our energy efficiency to reduce our CO2 emissions. We plant trees to absorb the emissions that we can't reduce and so we are "carbon neutral". We are doing this to reduce the environmental harm that our CO2 emissions are causing through global warming.
What you will need to complete this form
Various bits of information are required to complete the calculation of your CO2 footprint. You can choose to enter detailed data (in kWh of electricity, MJ of gas, etc), or how much you spent on each energy source. Entering the advanced data is more accurate but will take longer.
To enter detailed data you will need the following:
- Electricity Bills for the last year - If you generate your own power only enter how much electricity you bought;
- Gas Bills for the last year;
- Firewood Bills for the last year;
- Bills or an estimate of how much garbage you threw out last year;
- Fuel Bills or the number of kilometres your car travelled in the last year;
- An estimate of your waste bin size and the amount of times it was collected; and
- The number of nights and number of people at your home and accommodation.